What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was actually asked to do a writeup of the

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
For some reason, the manager of the garden department brought in several hanging baskets of what was being called Nepenthes alata (from Cara Nursery, in Elmont, NY). And a couple of the garden associates asked me to write a bit of a caresheet for them. Even put a quick advertizement for TerraForums.com at the end of it!

laugh.gif
yay! go jimscott!

.....*shakes head*....

Jim did these instructions detail any advice on streams or, shall we say, interesting experiments? Imagine an army of Jimscotts!

And to think that you didn't own a single CP 5 years ago... You are now the CP-HD Ambassador.

Zac
smile_n_32.gif

Is that caresheet gonna be spread around to other Home Depots or only the one you work at? Either way, pretty cool!

So... this is a good thing, congrats.
The big Q is...are you going to say they are not alata if they turn out to be DeRoose ventratas?

smile_n_32.gif

Very cool! This is just the sort of thing we need. If folks can keep their plants alive they've got a greater chance to develope their CP interests. Not to say that they wont exentually kill plants, heavens know everyone here has penned a couple in to the dead book.

Well said Est.

As for you Jim, that's so cool! Do you think all Home Depots will be getting these hanging Nepenthes in?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ July 23 2006,4:12)]Well said Est.

As for you Jim, that's so cool! Do you think all Home Depots will be getting these hanging Nepenthes in?
Amen! i only get D. Capensis at my HD!

Congrats, Jim. A step forward for civilization.
smile.gif

Mitch: I have no idea what possessed the department manager to go withthis outfit and bring in these Neps. Haven't talked to him yet. I think there are certain suppliers that H.D. uses, but there is also some variability. I've always seen these "Little Pot Of Horrors", which may be more indicative of the one who supplies the pot, as opposed what nursery it comes from. My expereince is that each Home Depot is somewhat different. Some carry CP's and some don't. Some bring in what is dictated to them by the supplier. This guy did something very different.

Corey:That little caresheet is just for the one store, though.

Alex: I've never seen a capensis except at this place in SE PA, called Mutchlers Exotic Plants.

Joe: To me, this N. alata looks just like what I picked up at Lowes, that our forum people have identified as being ventrata.

Zac (and Dewey / elgecko when they see this topic): I left out any references to streams and expereiments!
biggrin.gif

I'll definitely have to keep an eye on our Home Depot's garden department in the coming months. Maybe I'll get lucky and snag one!

Back