What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Kind of Nepenthes is this ?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and to keeping Nepenthes. This is my first post in the forums. About a week ago I was at Home Depot here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada when I came across this Nepenthes that just said Asian pitcher plant on its tag. It says nothing to who grew it, all it says that it was grown in canada.

Can I get your guesses to what it is ? or If your a expert I'm sure you know exactly what it is. Here are two pics:

Picture327.jpg

Picture328.jpg

Also, Does anyone know where I can find Nepenthes plants here in Toronto, or Ontario, or even Canada.

Thanks a Bunch,

Anthony

Hi anthony and welcome to TerraForums. Being bought at a Home Depot, it is likely that you have an N. ventrata, but that isn't definite. Your best bet at procuring CP's, outside of online or DIY, is to get hold of fellow Canadians. Here's a link that you can use for that purpose:

OCPS

Can you resize the pics to ~640 x 480 (roughly 1/3) pixels? That fits the best on this discussion forum.

looks fairly hard to tell i would say ventrata but it could just as easily be ventricosa

Hey there and welcome to the forums!

Looks like you picked up a N. ventricosa, possibly N. ventrata.

Thanks for the help all I will try to shrink the pics.

Cheers,

Anthony

i'm gonna say N. ventricosa

I'm not what you'd call an expert, but it looks pretty much like my ventricosa

I will say ventricosa also. Notice the droopy lids, just like my ventricosa. The ventrata has lids that stand up.

Those darn lids make it hard to stuff a mealworm in there...

Back