What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have had a bit more time, and thought I would post a few new pics, most of which are lowland. These images are a bit grainier than some of the ones I've posted in the past, due to experimentation with a new lens.

Here is another look at a new N. hamata upper pitcher. What is interesting about this is that as the vine grows longer, the pitchers produced show increasingly protuberant teeth on their peristomes! I am therefore ever more eager to see if this trend continues, and if so, how far it will go.

Nhamataupper.jpg
\

Here we see N. boschiana, which is an easily cultivated lowlander.

Nboschiana.jpg

This is a shot of a very colorful species, N. albomarginata:

Nalbomarginata.jpg

N. macrovulgaris is not often seen:

Nmacrovulgaris.jpg

This is a recent shot of a lower pitcher from N. merrilliana. It is about 22 cm in height, which is still pretty small for this species.

Nmerrilliana.jpg

This is an interesting variety of N. rafflesiana, called "Elongata".

Nraffelongata.jpg

Finally, although this is not a Nepenthes, I am closing with an image of my favorite Drosera, N. falconeri:

Dfalconeri.jpg

very nice, i like the falconeri though i prefer the red coloration of mine. love the hamata, cant wait till one of mine looks like that.

i have a complaint on that aristo you sent me
smile_m_32.gif
...................ill post a pic later showing the problem

EDIT: sorry for the confusion neps............ no real problem exists, the aristo is just...............well you will see when i upload the pic in about an hour...................i should get some sort of award for this thing............

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Very nice hamata Neps!

Thank you!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] no real problem exists, the aristo is just...............well you will see when i upload the pic in about an hour...................i should get some sort of award for this thing............

After looking at your photos, I see what you mean, Sheridan. I don't know what to say, really. The plant from which that cutting came is producing pitchers for me which are much larger than the one you've displayed. I would guess that the discrepancy in size could be due to a difference in environmental conditions, or possibly simply a consequence of the cutting you have taking a while to establish itself. Have you been feeding or fertilizing it?

What are your lowland conditions? Also, wicked looking upper of hamata there.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Hi Jason,

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What are your lowland conditions?

Natural sunlight, with temps between 20 C and 35 C. Humidity is typically about 80%, but can go as low as 50% and as high as 95%.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, wicked looking upper of hamata there.

Thank you!

At least you get lowland conditions only in summer. I get ultra-lowland all year round! Perhaps in the cooler months this species will grow, although slowly.

Very nice plants, love the hamata !

Ans what is it with al you guys and Dr. falconeri ? I'm starting to see this plant everywhere...

i like it because...well just look at it! it looks like a prehistoric vft!

it gets sprayed with dilute orchid fert everyso often. im wondering if it isnt just going to be this way since its in the vining stage?

as for the falconeri, its a species thats becoming MUCH easier to get ahold of than even just 4 years ago when i got started in CPs, in another year or to they will prolly be really easy to get ahold of. Cephs are the same way, they were fairly hard to get just a few years ago but now its not terribly difficult to find one if yah want one

Nice merrillianna. Little bigger than mine is. I have one with a pitcher probably around 15cm. Thing is, it took the plant for EVER to get any real size.

Really nice pictures! My favorites are the hamata and the falconeri.

Back