What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunch of new pitchers

Here are some new pitchers from my collection. First, N. boschiana. What a plant! I think it could pass as a houseplant for the folliage alone. And now it's made it's first pitcher for me since I got it.

The whole plant:
cacb0c67.jpg

And the first pitcher:
21f8cac2.jpg

Here's my little N. villosa, which got through our heatwave OK:
38dd14f4.jpg

Here's N. faizaliana:
a046c1e7.jpg

And finally, N. thorelii x TM, the first pitcher it's made for me:
90fcf932.jpg

Capslock

Dang you are going to need a new grow shelf for that N. boschiana!

Impressive as always, Caps! I love the foliage size of your N. boschiana.

Heatwave and SF... Not words I commonly associate.
smile_n_32.gif
We've been feeling the heat 1.5 hours south of you too, though!

Nice new pitchers! That boschiana pitcher very interesting.

Okay now Caps!! I want my Villosa to be like yours!!!! I have now stopped to doing the fridge at night and 75 to 80 during the day and humidity around 80% and it is still the tiniest little thing for a long time. The only plus so far is that it sprouted a new grouth point at soil leval. and that set of leaves seems to be growing better than the main plant.

Give tip oh wise one.

Jim

Jim, hahaha! Don't mistake my extreme close-up for a large pitcher! These things are very slow, especially when they're small. Patience is the key; don't expect anything very quickly. I'm growing in my basement, and it gets into the upper 50s/lower 60s at night during the hot part of the year. I'm hoping it's OK with that, and it seems to be so far. In winter, I get the proper low-50s or high 40s overnight. I'll refrain from giving too many tips until my biggest pitcher is over an inch and a half!
smile_n_32.gif

Capslock

Awww to humble my friend. The pitcherlooks great.

That N. thorelli x N. x Trusmadiensis will be a showstopper when mature!
smile_m_32.gif

Awesome plants! That N. boschiana is beautiful! Your N. faizaliana appears to be N. fusca "Sarawak". Here's a pic of mine for comparison:

fusca9.jpg

-Ben

I agree it's a N. fusca 'Sarawak'. There's a lot of confusion between them, thanks to some large grower not caring too much about names. It looks like my 'Sarawak' too. A N. faizaliana is rounder.

Back