What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My N. rajah

Here are a few photos of the my newest N. rajah pitcher.

2006-7-2
2006-7-2_Neps_rajah_lowii_others_08.jpg

2006-7-6 Different plant
2006-7-6_Neps_rajah_Just_Open_064.jpg

2006-7-30
2006-7-30_rajah_009.jpg

2006-7-30_rajah_037.jpg

2006-7-30_rajah_048.jpg

2006-7-30_rajah_071.jpg

2006-7-30_rajah_085.jpg

2006-7-30_rajah_100.jpg

2006-7-30_rajah_165.jpg

2006-7-30_rajah_214.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Wow. Nice pictures. I sure wish I could find the space for those bigger species.
~Joe

Beautiful Jeremiah! How old would you say that plant is?

Hello,

Thanks guys I got the plant on 9-19-2002 if you would like to see photos at various stages of growth go Here

Nice photos! Congrats my man. It's a species many of us will only be able to dream of.

awesome!

I want one!!!  If I get the highland section of my GH like I want it once I rebuild I might try this one!  Awesome looking plant.

Jeremiah, as always, that's an awe-inspriting N. rajah. If I had that I'd just stare at it all day.

Capslock

Nice! I hope to have a N. rajah someday, especially if I ever get a greenhouse.

Shoot man, that is one NICE, and I mean NNNNIIIICE pitcher you got there. Makes me want to cry because my rajah can fit inside that pitcher.

EDIT: Acutally you can fit several of mine in there. I think a mod should delete this thread before someone beats you up for your rajah.  
smile_n_32.gif

EDIT again: I can't stop staring at it!

Beautiful as always Jerimiah. i hope to oneday get a greenhouse and grow tons of beautiful highlanders.... Lowii, Aristo, Rajah and Vetichii.... ill keep dreaming for awhile though...
smile.gif

Alex

Glider, there are some beautiful highlanders that aren't too difficult...try eymae, copelandii, even inermis would do ok in a terrarium and stays very small, glabrata seems pretty easy, bongso, fusca.  Do you have any of these?

N. glabrata with very long tendrils:
glabrata_2_ezg_1.jpg

N. fusca:
fusca_typical_x_black.jpg

N. copelandii Mt. Apo:
copelandii_apo.jpg

N. eymae:
eymae_BE.jpg

N. inermis:
inermis_AW3.jpg

N. copelandii Mt. Pasian:
copelandii_Mt__Pasian.jpg

I would consider all of these not too difficult with a little TLC.

bongso is most definatly one hardy nep and is a good one to start with. it was my first and has proven VERY adaptable. not much seems to bug it and it even tolerates lower humidity(~45%) quite well

I will put my vote in with the copelandii. I have one that's just awesome in my highland tank (well, with this heatwave, it's currently my intermediate tank, lol).

Jeremiah, trully inpirational rajah. I'm finally getting myself a greenhouse, which I am going to use as a highland house, so I may finally invest in a rajah, as well as some of those other, more difficult, highlanders.

How did this happen, I haven't seem to answer yet ?

So..... that's one big pitcher !!!! what a plant
smile_k_ani_32.gif

@ ludwig777 - Very nice plants. I love the glabrata ( and all the rest to... )

Back