What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tank for single hamata?

I've been out of the hobby for a while, building my ball python collection, but now the time has come to build ONE tank, fully controlled, for one or maybe two N. hamata... What I was thinking is.. If I have the right temps and osmos water and all that, well you know... How big will the tank have to be?

Peace /Dan

hamata stays pretty compact in its leaf size...then it will start vining and it will grow MUCH bigger and faster. to get uppers the tendrills need to hold on to somthing. you can always trim back your plant. i dont grow N. Hamata nor will i very soon. you can contact the forum member elgecko. he grows a beautiful N. Hamata on his windowsill!!!!
good luck
alex

I'd imagine that for proper viewing and growing, the perfect size tank would be a 40-gallon, tall format.

Capslock

I agree with caps,

And glider has a good idea about giving it something for the tendrils to grab - usully helps get somewhat larger pitchers.

Back