What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

neps and others.

heres a couple pics of my neps.

this amp is just starting to get better. look how much bigger the new leaf is!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
IMG_1666.jpg

this one, i am not sure what it is (anyone have any idea)
IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

here is my bical that dosnt pitcher (anyone know why)
IMG_1696.jpg

and last but not least, a very dewy d. capensis
IMG_1697.jpg

Good growing Peanuts!

Your N. bical might still be adjusting. I've had several bicals for many months that STILL haven't pitchered for me! One of them finally put out its first pitcher a few weeks back, so just keep those conditions constant and I'm sure it'll come around for you.

Your plants are looking good
smile_m_32.gif

as for the amp, thats normal. i had one go from 6 inches across to over 18 inches across in 3 leaves

Wow I wish my amp would put on some growth like that.  Very nice!  Good growing.

thanks for the feedback guys
here are a few more random pics
p. primuflora
IMG_1677.jpg

my very old terrarium i put some small pings in... what else should i put in there.?
IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

i spy a pitcher! good ol ventrata pitchering again
IMG_1698.jpg

what do ya guys think

what else? uhh....D. burmanni and Capensis!
smile_n_32.gif

I just wish my amp would pitcher. Try posting this bical pic next to yours to encourage it to pitcher.
P1000191.jpg

Dang, nice N. bical srduggins! Your plant should give my N. bical a pep talk as well
smile_n_32.gif

This clone has turned out to be an easy grower for me with typical humidity around 50%, sometimes even lower, and night time lows of 70 degrees. It even handled the repotting with only a short slow down in growth. The leaves after repotting are approaching 18" so it will be interesting to see how big the next pitchers are. It seems to get redder in less light. Kind of unusual for a Nep, but I'm no bical expert. And to think, I almost traded this gal, (I hope), away.

Back