What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventrata Vs Alata

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
ok I was just looking at Bob Z's website and trying to distinguis between ventrata and alata plants. From what I see the peristoma of Alata is round and the opening is round where as Ventrata flairs out to points on the sides of the opening. Is this a good way to tell them apart? Since both plants look vary similar and many people sell Ventrata as alata. Thanks for any and all help.

I have both plants.My N.ventrata came from a giveaway here on the forum,and my N.alata(Female,it was in bloom) came from a cutting from a HUGE plant in a greenhouse that sells african violets.My plants need to get bigger before I'll be able to tell the differences.I hope my N.alata is really N.alata!Sorry Josh,all that and I still didn't help you!
biggrin.gif

Jerry

N. ventrata all look bulbous on the bottom, and they narrow the closer you get to the peristome. they can be solid red or half red half green/pink. N. alata comes in many different colors.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]From what I see the peristoma of Alata is round and the opening is round where as Ventrata flairs out to points on the sides of the opening. Is this a good way to tell them apart?
thats what ive used
smile.gif
. the persimtone comes from the ventricosa side

Back