What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campanulata about to flower!

Ben, exactly. Don't know what I did wrong, either. I put pollen on the flowers at least twice.

This time I plan on doing it EVERY DAY until I'm out of said pollen.

Mr. Aga, if your plant is female, which it does look like, you should try to get some pollen from Melly if her flowers have openned. That would solve the international border problem!

Ok Captain!
I will:laugh:
I will know something more in the nexts days!
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Steve & Donn,

How are those males doing? Looks like the first buds on my spike are a week or so away from openning.

What international border problem for pollen? There really isn't one.
Seeds are fine to send by mail, though they may, MAY be confiscated or quarantined in the worst case scenario. I know people who have wild collected seed from parts of Malaysia/Indonesia and freely brought it back to the US, with both governments knowing, and neither caring. Pollen cannot grow into a plant on its own...its "less dangerous", and less restricted..if at all. In fact, you don't even need anything apart from a phytosanitary certificate to import plants into the US in certain cases*.

*It is ok with only a phytosanitary certificate if it is done VERY sparingly (I think theres actually a limit, which is probably only once), and the plants will be used for research/personal growing. If you plan to resell them, you need permits. If you import frequently, you need permits. Many people LOVE shoving laws in your face that they themselves have no idea about, they have just "heard" that (bottom line) "its illegal" and "the paperwork takes soooo long and is sooooo expensive and is soooo not worth it". Please...its ONE piece of paper (front side only) to get an import permit.

Yes, I have actually had a lawyer speak with the people from the USDA...so my claims are valid.

I've got a few males currently in spike. The Holland Hybrid is in bloom but you're probably not interested in that. The spectabilis x veitchii, [(northiana x veitchii) x Tiveyi] and spectabilis x spathulata are several weeks away. The thorelii x aristo that I was talking about hasn't started blooming yet, but should before the end of this week. Here's a current pic of the spike:
thorxaristo.jpg

Schloaty's Campy was definitely my favorite Nepenthes in the NECPS show. That is one Beautiful plant Dave!!!

Back