What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeding neps

what kind of koi pellets do you guys feed?

can you tell me the brand and how much?

I use high protein (summer feeding) koi pellets. I have used a few different brands, and I did not notice a difference betwen them. I have used Hikari, Blue Ridge and perhaps a few others.

I try to avoid pitcher rot by using only one pellet per pitcher for the most part. I think the trick is to be consistent with your feeding.

I feed mine with a mixture of bloodworms and goldfish flakes. As long as you dont put a lot in the pitcher will not die and the next pitcher will be bigger.

fwiw, i have yet to try koi pellets, but i do have good results with crickets and dried blood worms. i agree with dave s. in that consistant feeding, i believe, is key.

tech...

consistant being....? i have a ventricosa outside with 2 pitchers on it(have just barely begun inflating...it will be a while) so they will probably catch their own food. thats ok right?
Alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Sep. 04 2006,7:21)]consistant being....? ... thats ok right?
I feed my plants once per month. I know others who feed their neps more often and others who feed them less often.

Yes, under normal conditions a nep should be able to catch its own food or make do with good growing conditions for photosynthesis.

Since I raise my own mealworms that is what I use to feed my neps. 1 mealworm in each pitcher after it has opened.

i'm in the mealworm camp also

Back