What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

once again......................the incredible....

dwarf aristo!!!
Untitled-6-1.jpg

Untitled-5-1.jpg

found this behind my striped veitchii and ventrata............my other veitchii finally produced a pitcher
Untitled-1.jpg

thats right i said ventrata............and its a mutant!!
Untitled-3-1.jpg

Untitled-2-1.jpg

You should try to raise humidity and/or lower temps...some of those pitchers are stunted (esp. the veitchii)

Seriously, if there was a ventrata mutant like that, i'd totally buy it.

I have a ventrata that does that all the time, Clint... care to trade? Nice pics rattler, I just got a lil' aristo that looks a lot like that.
~Joe

On every leaf? if so then YEAH!

The phrase "Dwarf aristo" is just really funny to me. Haha!

I actually have a N. aristo on its way to me this weekend. I look forward to growing it.

that aristo is crazy...and its vining!!

phissionkorps: the humidiy is good for the aristo as it is actually living in a ziplock at the moment(as is my lil hamata pictured a few threads back), thts also that veitchii's first pitcher from a unrooted cutting i recieved awhile back, not concerned yet. the ventrata throws a wierd pitcher every time its moved, the odd one is from when we moved back in May, the rest are newer.

i do like that lil aristo, i was a lil disappointed on its size when i first got it but it makes me smile everytime i look at it anymore, wouldnt trade it for a bigger specimen even if i was offered

what conditions is that aristo in...if i can get temps like you do...ill be able to grow one! where did you get the mini anyways? once i get better plants...im gonna be looking to trade
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
Alex

temps run 65-80 cools to 65 almost every night, only spikes to 80 when the wife does a bunch of laundry cause the dryer heats up the room a bit.

i got it in trade. it was a tip cutting of a mature, blooming size plant. im told the parent plant is bigger around than my cutting, though we arent sure why yet.

The reason I said that is because if you look at the operculum, you can see it make an inverted "W" shape, which is a sign that the pitcher did not go to completion (as least as far as it should have), and an operculum should be almost flat. If its the first pitcher, its probably still in shock (I had a petiolata that did that once). If the next pitcher looks the same, try experimenting with the conditions a little bit

Back