What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YAY!

glider14

Always a newbie
alright...i went outside today and checked my Nep...i dont know if it is ventricosa or ventrata though... and the pitcher it was making has opened! so this is my very first "normal" nep pitcher! since i have been growing neps back in november, this is my first pitcher! another thing good today is that my first nep cuttings rooted today! 3 in all out of 4. yea to most of yall this is nothing big but it sure is big to me!! next up-->seed! haha
Alex

PS. i dont know wether my nep is ventrata or ventricosa. this new pitcher is red and only about 2.5in tall. is that a sign for ventricosa?

Ventricosa is squat and constricted in the middle. Ventrata is bulbous on bottom and narrows as it goes up without a contricted middle.

but the pitcher is small Clint. only about 2.5in. i dont think the full pitcher shape would be out yet. however there is a constricted middle to it.
Alex

Then in a couple months in good conditions you should be able to tell. I guess if you had a pic someone could narrow it down. That someone is not me though; my taxonomy skills suck when it comes to babies
smile.gif

here it is.
DSC00001.jpg

and this is another bigger one on a seperate plant.
DSC00002.jpg

Alex

Oh, that's definitely N. ventricosa. (At least, I think so.
smile_l_32.gif
)

-Ben

It's true.

YES! and the day gets better! i alredy have ventrata so ive wanted the ventricosa

Back