What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple Questions

N. macrovulgaris x reinwardtiana
N. rokko x stenophylla

Some interesting hybrids are out, and I was just wondering about those two, Are they highland orlowland? Petflytraps (Cook's) has a bunch of new ones and I was wondering.

Thanks!

I grow 2 large rokko x fallaxs...fallaxi? whatever...I have two of them haha. Anyway, I gorw them as intermediates, though I'm quite sure they would appreciate it more as highlanders. From my experience, they refuse to pitcher unless places in a high humidity environment. I can offer more advice as to if growing it as a highlander is a better idea in a few months, as temperatures are just beginning to drop where I live.

im just wondering if they are highland or lowland, as is most of the new weird Neps they have, I hate the way they Lable stuff as Just a nepenthes instead making it a bit easier as to highland or lowland...

Just look at the parents and that tells you whether they are high or low or intermediate.

macrovulgaris is a highlander

reinwardtiana is a highlander

This hybrid is a highlander

x rokko is an intermediate

stenophylla is a highlander

This hybrid is an intermediate

Easy

confused.gif
I dont see any thing...

What do you mean you don't see anything? All I did was break down the crosses by parent...

I keep my (x rokko) x stenophylla outdoors all year here in Northern Taiwan, where there's tropical conditions from April to October and chilly conditions all the way down to 3°C from November to April. It's growing very well and has just produced its latest six-inch pitcher.

I do the same with macrovulgaris x reinwardtiana, but this one doesn't seem to like the summer heat too much. Or maybe it's because it's still a baby.

Nevertheless, I think both these guys have the potential to do well in a whole slew of different environs (high humidity a must, of course).

Back