What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowlanders and highlanders in the same tank?

I have what looks like the lowland n. truncata and n. albo. Would it be a good idea to put them in the same tank as a n. hamata and other highland neps? I have them all growing together by the window. The truncata is getting pretty big because of the warmer weather now. As it's getting cooler I think the hamata and tentaculata are starting to grow better. I'm just trying to get an idea on what should go in the tank and if any maybe should not. If your nep was pitchering as a window would you move it into a grow tank?

I have space in tanks, but my neps pitchering fine by the window (especially thorelii x truncata) stay by the window. You can move them if you want to, but they will have to have an adjustment period. You could put lowlanders and highlanders in the same tank, and grow them all as intermediates, which will work fine, however, all of them will grow slower than they would if given optimal temperatures. I grow all of mine as intermediates. I am too lazy/cheap to buy a buch of crazy heating/cooling systems, and I also am semi-limited on space. I haven't witnessed any detrimental effects of growing everything as an intermediate...the ones that are extremely slow are extremely slow no matter what (i.e. muluensis x lowii)

Back