What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is considered a "ultra highland"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I might try to make a ultra type setting for my hamata to see how that does. How about muluensis x lowii? I read that if the temp gets above 80 they won't pitcher?

Fiddlesticks. This hybrid is a champion. Typical highland conditions suit it just fine, even when some times the conditions change over to intermediate. This thing is one of my most prolific pitcherers.

that hybrid gives me more problems than any other nep I have
smile_h_32.gif

Frozen water bottles will only suck out so much water from the air. if you mist when you put the water bottle in, it cannot suck out a significant amount of humidity, whereas a constantly cooling apparatus such as evaporator coils will, as they are designed to and are constantly being chilled, water thawing is gaining energy, thus warming up and reducing capacity to condense water on the outside of the bottle.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]that hybrid gives me more problems than any other nep I have

You're kidding! Everyone else I know who has one says they're easy as pie. There were two at the NECPS show, one of them was starting to get big (which means about 6" or 7" across).

They were all full of pitchers, too. You must have a bum specimine.

Mine looks like it's putting out new leaves but no pitchers. I've had it since May. It's just like my n. hamata.

Its possible..the place I got it from has provided nothing but great neps thus far, but I guess there will always be a mistake here or there...

It looked liek ti was doing fine, then produced 2 TINY pitchers, before sending out a "leaf" which was extremely small, had a black tip, and was lanceolate. The growing tip is fine though, and now actually seems to be working on sending out a normal leaf again...I guess we'll see what happens.

I'm giving the plant what it needs, but its still kind of acting up. My petiolata on the otherhand, which is getting pretty much the opposite of what it needs, is doing nothing short of amazing

who knows
confused.gif

Back