What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windowsill bical

• Thread starter CPsInAtl
  • Start date
Hey if it stays small thats fine by me
smile.gif

My plan is that if it starts getting too big/not doing well, the next time I drive to Miami I'm going to take it down there and give it a new home in my grandparents back yard...

Uh, its bad when there are brown patches on the edges of the leaves, isn't it? So far only one leaf has it, but it is a new-ish leaf. Last night I repotted it in a 8" pot just because I had it laying around and I know these like to be over potted. Using a butter knife I pried the root mass out of the 6" pot and put in in the new 8" pot. I found that the rootball was almost the entire 6" pot. They have huge root balls for even little plants. With any luck, the plant didn't notice the transplant and won't belly up on me, but now that brown spot scares me...

At least I have a basal...

Brown patches are usually signs of stress/shock. Has the plant continued to grow? How does the growth point look?

If you care for it well, it shouldn't matter much. I had a rokko x fallax that started getting brown spots on all of its leaves. I posted about it in 2 diff forums, and i was told possible overwater, or too much light, and i can assure you, neither of those were the case. Either way, I air-layered the thing, and the plant with the brown spots on the leaves (the "old" part of the plant) sent out 2 normal and vigorous new growing points out of the nodes. Usually my plan of action for nep ailments (with the exception of fungus/bugs) is to do absolutely nothing, unless the problem appears to worsen over about a month. Things usually sort themselves out

Back