What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone order a n. "black dragon" from cooks?

"Black Dragon and "Sabre" are fantastic!

i like red dragon and sabre.
Alex

Hey All,

I ordered one of each of all the dragons from Sunbellemail@sunbelleexotics.com and put them directly outdoors with my other highlanders. They acclimated very well with no stress at all. They did suffer a little sunburn from direct sunlight but that is my fault. I didn't have room under the shade cloth for them. They didn't suffer any stress due to my lower humidity either. They are nice plants to invest in for the future. As with many of Exotica Plant's hybrids, they grow fairyly quickly and will tolerate a wide range of environments. I'm going to get a few more to experiment as windowsill or houseplant specimens. As for the pitcher colors, Sunbelle would have more information about the exact plants they have.

Take care,
Joel
Nepenthes Around the House

by "black dragon" has developed a dark spot on it near the base. I'm hoping it is due to the dark coloration in the plant rather than rot, but I'm not sure what it is. Does anyone else have something like this on their dragon?

Will they grow as lowlanders? I'd really like to buy "black dragon" and "marbled dragon".

They should do well in a wide variety of conditions, including lowland. Especially if it isn't extreme lowland. My guess is that Red Dragon will tolerate the most extreme lowland conditions and Sabre will tolerate the most extreme highland conditions.

In my highland conditions, Sabre seems to be adapting/growing the quickest. Next would be Black Dragon. Red Dragon and Marbled Dragon don't seem to be doing as great, but this probably has more to do with the individual plants received, and their care and exposure than any trend in these hybrids.

I recenly ordere some 'Red Dragon' and 'Sabre' varieties. In my highland/intermediate conditions both seem to grow quite well. Unfortunately, the USPS manhandled the box, and 2 'Sabre' plants are probably going to the compost heap, , but the third is growing quickly.

Back