What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone order a n. "black dragon" from cooks?

I just got my black dragon and the pitchers are green. I thought they would be I dunno, black? Is there anyone else with this also?

you need to wait for it to get bigger, and get it under highlighting...

then you will get BEautiful pitchers that are "black (more of a very dark violet)

cool.gif

I can't wait to get my black dragon in. I'm going crazy.

Anyone willing to post some pictures?

Speaking of getting plants in the mail, I'm getting a nice package tomorrow. A Nep, two Pings and a sundew.

Well, one of the pitchers is green, and the other has a hint of violet. I wasn't really expecting much from a plant that was in a box the day prior. Nepenthes_ak, give it a ltittle time and some sun. It probably won't take much of both. For example when I got my ventricosa "red" the pitchers were green. Now a couple months later pitchers come out nice and red, and it really doesn't need *that* much sun (compared to Sarrs.)

what are you talking about CPsInAtl? I dont have this nepenthes...

I know it takes time... youre confusing!

I got mine yesterday as well. The pitchers were green. The free sarr give away I got was the size of a few blades of grass...

biggrin.gif

How big are the plants you guys got? What size are the pitchers?

I'm considering ordering one...

I ordered mine from Sunbelle, and it's about five inches accross and with slightly maroon pitchers. It's very healthy, and looks like it wants to grow quickly. All the small pitchers on these guys are going to be greenish, and as the plants mature the pitchers will get darker.

This hybrid was chosen by Exotica in Austrailia (who made them) for it's hardiness, vigor, and black colored pitchers. With all the great hybrids they make, if they choose a few for mass production, you can bet they will be exceptional growers, and the pick of a very, very large litter. In other words, don't worry too much about the size or pitchers when you get them. They will become large, great looking plants quickly.

Capslock

Well I just ordered a 'Black Dragon' and a 'Sabre'. Can't wait to get them!

what is cooks website?

I got a black, red and marbled dragon in today with a sabre. They are about 4" wide with the biggest pitcher being about 4" tall on the black dragon.

Hi, Trent of Sunbelle here.  We posted some pics here
at this link

and here is another link to other people's pics in a different post.  You can see some black colored (but still small) 'Black Dragon'.
another link

Cooks won't work for me for some reason.

I might buy one or both If I could see adult pics.

There are some adult Nep pics at bugbitingplants.com in the Nep section. They have pics of several of those.

-Ben

Back