What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

double potted

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
Should a double potted plant be separated upon arrival? I received a double potted nep and was wondering if it should be split, but after reading this thread I thought that maybe I should just let them grow together. It is a n. rafflesiana.

xvart.

Multiple plantings is fine. I have one basket with eight or more vines growing out of it, and it does great. If you just got the plant, it's probably best to let it rest and acclimate for at least a month before you do anything major like repotting; Nepenthes are notoriously picky about environmental changes.
Best luck,
~Joe

nah its ok for now...let it get adjusted to its new surroundings...then repot if you want to.
Alex

Is it difficult to separate them and are the roots all tangled? It is still a very young plant so I doubt there are too many roots getting knotted up at this time (or anytime in the near future).

xvart.

if you gently take the substrate off you should be left with roots which are esy to untangle.
Alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Oct. 22 2006,8:04)]if you gently take the substrate off you should be left with roots which are esy to untangle.
Alex
Thanks for the help. I kind of like them in the same pot for now because there are a lot of pitchers!

xvart.

i agree. i have a double potted ventrata x ventricosa there are about 7 open pitchers on it...it make me happy
smile.gif

Alex

Back