What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some nep pitchers

here are some recent photos i took of some of my neps. nothing big, but...

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

and last but not least, n. ampullaria.
can anybody tell me whats wrong with it.? it used to pitcher, but now it all the sudden put out very big leaves and wont make pitchers.. my conditions are around 80% and 80 F
IMG_1881.jpg

ew...the amp...it looks fungal. do the new leaves have this too? your other ones are great though!
Alex

It might look like that because of heat stress and/or overwatering. I had a rokko x fallax, where all the leaves except the new ones looked like that. I air-layered it and the cutting I took is doing very well. After taking the cutting and not watering it (the older plant, not the cutting) as much, it has decided to sprout two growth points from the two "newest" nodes, which seem to be developing well.

That there is a bad case of sunburn, Amps don't like alotta light. You can tell by the red on the leaves and the burn marks. If you have a plant thats taller, use it to shade the Amp.

Also looks like there was water on the leaves while the lights are shining on them, the water intensifies the light burning the leaves more so than regular leaf-burn. And the worst burn marks are in the shape of water drops..

Back