What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sanguinea in office

I'm settling in to a new job and the first thing that came in was a CP. I have a lamp on a timer with a compact fl. bulb equal to 100w on my desk looking down onto a N. sanguinea. I have the plant's water marked (and find it amusing that the plant is drinking better than we are). The concern is the humidity level. It is pretty dry (probably around 35 or 40%. I mist the plant several times a day when I'm there and I am wondering if I'm going to be running into any trouble here.

Also, I'm looking for ideas for other CPs that could exist in these conditions. You know I can't just stop at one on my desk.

well some D. adelae might look good next to a window or something. Maybe some pings?

even if I were near the window, the NE Ohio gloom wouldn't be enough light for the winter. I need to stick with my lamp and try really hard to not get more and more lamps and terrariums and then take over the cube next to mine....

I still think that D. adalae or one of the three sisters would be a good canidate because of their low light requirements

Back