What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowland trucata

so, i went out and bought a really healthy looking truncata, thinking it was a highland, and when i got home i realized i had confused it with ventricosa.

my terrarium sits at about 70 tp 75 degrees most of the time, and truncata is pretty hearty... will it hang in there until i can set it out next summer, or do i need to look into trading it for something more highlandish?

nah, just $10

i dont get it.... was it a ventricosa you thought was truncata or truncata you thought was ventricosa!?!?
rock.gif
rock.gif

Alex

I think Meavan means that they thought the N. truncata was a highlander, like N. ventricosa is.

I don't think temps of 75F to 70F would be a real issue for it.

I'm currently growing my lowland truncata in the 45F Night and 68F day time temps. They don't die, but they don't grow real fast either. Its probably time to move them inside. Your temperatures will be fine for it.

This isn't really slanted towards lowland plants, but there is some information in there that should give you a little confidence: Neps Around the House. The curator of this site mentions successfully growing lowland N. truncata on a windowsill with no heat source and only wet trays for humidity.
Best luck,
~Joe

excellent info guys, thanks!

Back