What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

good and easy neps

there is too many neps..

and i dont know what to buy

please tell me some easy highland neps ..except for alata

maxima and those common ones..

im so afraid i might become a nep killer

You live in Singapore, right? Have you tried lowlanders?

I thought that he lived in North Carolina, or that's at least what his profile says.

Or maybe South Korea..

Oh god... I'm so confused!

but doesn't it get really cold in North Korea? like below 0?

south korea... It gets cold .. maybe?

Highland neps? You can grow almost any hybrid, just find out what's available that strikes your interest. Hybrids are easier to grow.

But good species are things like N. ramispina, N. bongso, N. ovata, N. diatas, N. sanguinea, N. singalana, N. sibuyanensis, N. spectabilis, N. spatulata, it goes on and on!

Capslock

Oh yeah!

And alata and ventrusta

lol i am south korean..but live in nc
and thanks

as for first highlanders, im guessing you want some thing showy, my recommendations are:

Hybrid: 'Miranda'
pure species: N. bongso

'Miranda' is easy to find. about as easy to grow as ventrata and WAY more showy. N. bongso is a tank, mine has been very reliable as far as pitchering and doesnt go into shock at all if the humidity drops or if it gets a lil warm, all in all a very hardy species

n. ventricosa
n. sanguinea

are two that I have had easy look growing. They spot of pitchers with ease and any conditions in my limited experience. Good luck.

xvart.

Definately N. Ventricosa. You can find these plants anywhere!
I agree with Capslock though, hybrids are way easier to grow.

- Jeff

Back