What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few new pics

N. thorelli X TM
PC070191.jpg

N. x Rokko 'Exotica'
PC070189.jpg

N. ventricosa X TM
PC070188.jpg

N. maxima 'dark' X talengensis
PC070187.jpg

Hey there Wolf E.
Your pictures almost makes me want to get into growing nepenthes.
Lois

It makes me want to be better at growing neps

[b said:
Quote[/b] (flytraplady5 @ Dec. 09 2006,11:04)]Hey there Wolf E.
Your pictures almost makes me want to get into growing nepenthes.
Lois
Just say the word!

Great looking plants Craig. Looks like the greenhouse is really starting to crank out some pretty things. What day/night temps are you keeping it at currently?

Thanks for the kudos Phil. The greenhouse has been doing great no complaints so far. I heat it to 75F during the day and let it drop to 55F at night. Seems to work so far. I have a few lowlanders that prob would appreciate it a little bit warmer but most seem to be thriving even with the days getting so short.

It must be glorious walking into your greenhouse when it's freezing cold outside. Do you find yourself just standing in there sometimes and feeling the calming effect of it?

Yes actually I find myself having to answer my cell phone with my wife asking if I am ever planning on coming back inside!
oh.gif

It is a glorious feeling being inside there with it 75F and seeing the wind howl and snow blow outside.

I know the feeling well. What method are you using to heat it?

I use a locally grown form of heat... corn! I have an outdoor burner that burns the corn heating a boiler of water to 180F the hot water is then pumped into the house through my hot water tank heating the hot water for the house and then it goes through a water-air exchanger blowing the hot air through the ducts of the house then the water goes back out to the boiler to be heated back up. I then have another run going into the GH with another water-air exchanger that blows the hot air through the GH. Has worked well and cheap! The only prob is I need to find a programable thermostat so I dont have to keep changing the day/night temps by hand.

Back