What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. veitchii x spectabilis, 3 generations

These three pitchers are all currently present on the same plant. Interesting to see three generations simultaneously.
(Sorry, only flashlight pix, no sun today)
Young:
nepenthesspectabilisxvegs4.jpg

Medium aged:
nepenthesspectabilisxvejg8.jpg

Aged:
nepenthesspectabilisxvens7.jpg

Very Nice!

I like the 2nd and 3rd pics myself!

Excellent images, Hans.  This is a great hybrid.  It produces handsome, vibrantly colored, long lasting pitchers.  Yours is a dazzling example - great  job!

is there a 4th coming??
Alex

Those are nice Hans!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, guys. However, I can't really accept any kudos - it's just the climate
smile.gif

And to think I didn't even WANT this plant in the beginning, when I swapped it for a surplus bical. It was quite large then, but pitcherless. Not being a great fan of the baroque veitchiis, I accepted it only because I'm one of those "mad collector" types (= I'll take anything that's not on my growlist)

And look at it now...!

Everything with spectabilis in it is just mind-bogling. ventricosa x spectabilis is another example. There's a gentleman here in Taiwan who has just crossed veitchii x spectabilis with one of his deep-red globosas (formerly "Viking"). Try to imagine that one!

Back