What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took some pics of my nepenthes too

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
173881234O584446819.jpg

173881265O496482068.jpg

173881274O629380361.jpg

173881328O298805240.jpg

173881346O519010223.jpg

173881374O478498057.jpg

173891621O473766236.jpg

173891674O269542922.jpg

Looks like they are doing great!

The N. truncata is SPECTACULAR!

MUY FABULOSO!

Thanks to the good start you gave it Clint.
biggrin.gif

Seriously that vaulted hood is divine.

When it gets bigger you can feed it a pinkie!

Bigger heck the thing is HUGE already I could possibly feed it a dang mouse now!
laugh.gif

Very nice Josh! What size pots are you using for those neps? 12"?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 12 2006,9:26)]When it gets bigger you can feed it a pinkie!
When I first read that I thought it said you could feed it a pickle. I thought that was a little strange so I reread, and realized it was just as strange.

Sweet looking neps. What are those long stringy things coming from the hanging pot in the first picture? Decoration? Pale dead leaves? Roots?!

xvart.

They look awesome!!!!!

Xvart, those are orchid roots.

-Ben

yeah they are really nice picts. the truncata looks awesome

LMAO!

Pinkies are baby mice

lol, I saw some live prey allready! Horray for ants... sad and happy at the same time
smile.gif

Outsider yes those are dollarstore 12 inch hanging pots I use mostly.  I am experimentin with some in plastic mesh pots too and they seem to be working great as well.  Thanks everyone for the comments.  Things are starting to look nice.

Xvart like Ben said those are orchid roots hanging down all over the place.
oh.gif
They just go everywhere when there is no tree for them to attach to.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Dec. 12 2006,9:07)]Xvart like Ben said those are orchid roots hanging down all over the place.
oh.gif
Yeah that's neat. I never knew that they grew like that. It's funny you always see the nice flowers of orchids but I've never seen root pictures of orchids lol.

xvart.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Dec. 12 2006,10:07)]Outsider yes those are dollarstore 12 inch hanging pots I use mostly. I am experimentin with some in plastic mesh pots too and they seem to be working great as well. Thanks everyone for the comments. Things are starting to look nice.

Xvart like Ben said those are orchid roots hanging down all over the place.
oh.gif
Mesh pots eh...interesting. Do you have to water the ones potted in the mesh pots more often then? Since I assume they would dry out faster? How long are your roots out of curiosity?

whats the white one? looks like a wacky leucophylla hybrid!
tounge.gif

Meavin what picture are you refuring too? First picture second post? That is a Raff. It is just starting to look good too.

Outsider. Yes the mesh pots do need watering a little more, but its no bother because I have some orchids that need watering every day. I have a few potted differently to see how they work. Some I mixed sphag with orchid bark and used that in the mesh pots. There is one I lined the pot with Sphag and then used a peat mix with orchid bark in the center the I top dressed in sphag. So far so good with them all. I will take some pictures of the mesh post. They are a firm mesh and not a flimsy mesh. They were bought by my mother for orchid pots, but she didn't like them because they dried out to fast in her house. They work fine in the GH. I would have to send you the link to the place online to get them. They are listed in my AOS mag.

Back