What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MY New Nepenthes bacteria Infection?

Hello to everyone!
Since this is my first time I am in front this problem I post here in order to could have help for this!
My little ephippiata that grows without problems in my terrarium suddently from one days to another is covered partially with something WHITE and THICK....what the hell is that thing?
sign_help.gif

What I will do this evening is to cut the "infected" parts...
Do you have any expereinces of what I got?
Thanks!

Mr_Aga
Milan

ephippiata_ill1.jpg

ephippiata_ill2.jpg

ew...

Hi Mr.Aga:

1) Please remove your plant from the pot, making sure the short roots are not ripped off the plant.

2) Take a set of tweezers and scrape the white growth off your plant carefully. Try to be thorough. It looks like it can be easily removed.

3) spray it with a fungicide (Nepenthes tested of course) and repot it in different media free of sphagnum. Please don't recycle the original sphagnum since it will take the bug with it and your plant will get it again.

Good luck and please keep us informed.

Gus

Hello Augustinfranco!
Thanks for the tips! I have done it but with the only difference that I have cut what was attacced...
I have discover what it must be :
Microsphaera alphitoides
White flecks on the plants! I used also at the end a fungicide to avoid its return.
Anyway I must give more exchange of air to my terrarium.
Too low circulation of air..
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

dear god, i hope that never happens to one of mine...

I have know what I probably catched...
it must be a colony of bacteria.
It makes no damage and it only use space to grow.
It is enough to take it away with a little knife and the plant returns as new! ;)
Thanks to all!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Back