What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Leaves

hey everybody! I've come onto yet another odd situation with my N. 'miranda'. It's leaves seem to be getting smaller and smaller. Do you know what the problem might be?

the diameter of the plant was about 2 feet with about 1 foot long leaves and then all of a sudden the leaves are at least half of the total area of the ones before it.

1- how long have you had it

2- has anything changed

if you had it for a short while, its just probly acclimating to the new environment. if you have had it for a long time, something must have changed. when i had a problem with weak leaves before, i found the cause at the roots. may be time for a repotting!

Could it maybe need more light?

-Ben

I don't think so
rock.gif

My other nep seems to be doing fine:)

but you just got that Miranda correct? did you not just buy it from a store?
Alex

Several things can lead to smaller leaves.
1a) Root Problem - like rot, requires action.

1b) Repotting that damages the roots, requires inaction.

2) Environmental - A change in humidity, light, (going to dimmer light could lead to larger, darker leaves), day length, temperature, etc.

3) Maturity - many species will grow smaller leaves when they begin to climb.

4) Mites - insects sucking the vigor out of your plant will usually result in smaller, distorted leaves.

Thanks! I thought that it might be getting ready to climb.

Glider14 I got it about 2 months ago, so i'm pretty sure that it's acclimated.

Back