What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As I get into the first winter I've had my new growroom, I'm happy to find that highland temps are pretty easy to maintain. By keeping the door to the garage closed, and the fan in the window only blowing in at night, I'm getting 78 during the day and 50 at night. Well, about 48 last night. The plants are happy. Here's a quick couple of pics from tonight:

N. jacquelinea and U. reniformis. This is just a little guy:
N-29.jpg

N. hamata baby, hairy as can be (but not "hairy hamata"!)
N-28.jpg

Here are a trio of happy pitchers. Two N. veitchii x lowii and an about-to-open N. ramispina. The N. veitchii x lowii pitchers last forever, and the larger one here has a hairy lid and even some of the white crystal stuff that forms on N. lowii lids.
Pitchertrio.jpg

And finally, not a nepenthes, but a nice H. ionasii currently flowering:
H-1.jpg

Capslock

DAAAANG! Wow! Your plants never cease to amaze me. Those're some awesome plants.
smile.gif
ooo.gif

Awesome! Great plants with excellent colors.

Great photos!
smile.gif

Did the H. ionasii arive with adult pitchers? Over here (UK & Europe) you can only get tiny plants of that species with junvenile pitchers that take forever to grow!!

cheers

bill

That baby hamata looks like he stuck his finger in the electrical socket! Very nice looking CPs. Very nice color!

xvart.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xvart @ Dec. 20 2006,9:33)]That baby hamata looks like he stuck his finger in the electrical socket! Very nice looking CPs. Very nice color!

xvart.
haha!

that N. ramispina looks...interesting. how tall is it?
Alex

beautiful!
oh.gif

Where do you live to get these good conditions?

Capslock ,
nice plants! And nice pitchers for incoming Christmas! ;)
I am interested in knowing something more about your jaqueline and ramispina.
Can you post pictures of the whole plant and tell their age and growing conditions?
Thanks!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Woo hoo! Great plants!

Man, I gotta get off my duff and take some pics myself....

As always, amazing plants you have, Capslock!

Thanks!

Bill, here's the H. ionasii when I got it from Tony P. It had just made it's first mature pitchers, but it was a pretty good size already.
H-2.jpg

Mr. Aga, here's a pic of the N. ramispina. Everyone should have one!:
N-33.jpg

..and the N. jacquelinea:
N-32.jpg

Both are grown in my basement grow room under t5 fluorescent lights. Temps are 50s to upper 70s during the day.

nepenthesAK: I live in San Francisco, and yes, it's easy to grow highland nepenthes here. Cool and humid year round!

Here are a couple more:
N. boschiana:
N-30.jpg

N. burbidgae:
N-35.jpg

N. x Splendiana, intermediate/upper with intermediate to the right in back:
N-31.jpg

And finally, excuse the sludgy tray, but here's my N. mira which is picking up the growing pace lately:
N-34.jpg

Capslock

Max,
Those are some terrific pictures.
Thanx for sharing
Lois

Max,

As always you have great pictures to share.  Now if you have time, post some New Year pic for us too.

Jeff

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Dec. 21 2006,1:12)]Mr. Aga, here's a pic of the N. ramispina. Everyone should have one!
Well if you are passing them out I wouldn't want to dissappoint you! That is an amazing plant. If you ever have an extra cutting... lol. I have killed for less than that!

xvart.

Back