What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. sanguinea

glider14

Always a newbie
i got a N. sanguinea at the beginning of december. since its arrival it has grown a huge(for its size) pitcher and has 2 more on the way!
IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

enjoy.
Alex

Hi Alex,

Yeah, a happy sanguinea can be quite a grower. Looks like you got yourself a happy one!

I got one of those too. It's getting too big.

Sanguina getting to big? I didn't think that could happen. I have one growing nicely out in the GH now and putting off nice pitchers, but getting too big, I don't think it would ever. Murphy your preditor will trump that sanguina anyday in size. So you best pass it this way where I have room for it so your not saying it is getting too big. LMAO

yea this is my only normal nep i have right now. some spring i plan to get many more!
Alex

Looks great! I was wondering what temps you grow it in?

-Ben

i dont remember exactly...its like 70-75* in the day and gets down at the lowest 62* at night. humidity is always high. i got 120 watts of CF light over it.
Alex

Oh, ok, cool. Then at least I have a chance at growing this guy. I don't spose 50% humidity is high?
biggrin.gif

-Ben

Your Sanguinea sure looks happy. I keep mine in a mini green house. It seems to be a pretty fast grower as well, but it's still about an inch behind yours. I'll post another pic of mine when it gets a little more impressive.

(Those are the temps. I grow mine with as well, only I use two 40 watt tubes.)

wow you all pamper yours. I grow mine in much less than "ideal" conditions. It sits out by a window in the living room. Temps are whatever the apt is and as for humidity, who knows. By the end of the summer it had overgrown a 4" pot and now I have it in a 6" pot which it has finally settled back in to and is back making pitchers. before long your pitchers will be double that size...

yea. i hear it has incredible leaf:pitcher ratios. mine is like .66:1 right now. how big do the leaves usually get?
Alex

I don't mean too big but it's getting pretty cramped in the 10 gal. The predator is not in there, that's by the window and I hope it gets huge. My black dragon and truncata are in the 10 and they are also getting "too big" or it.

Oh and by the way I think I'll be ok with the predator no matter how big it will get. I think I can handle it. Do you have any of your own?

my sanguinea has leaves that are about 8" long after having it for less than a year. When I got mine in June (?) it was the same size as yours.

life lesson #89342

Never put anything with N. truncata hertitage in a 10 gallon terrarium....

haha. thats a good one. dang it grows fast! the pitcher is gonna open any day now! the new leaf is also the same size as trhe old one but the pitcher has an extra half inch to it!
Alex

I will have to take a picture of mine. It did not skip a beat when I put it in its 6 inch slat basket.

Murphy no I don't have a predator yet, but I just picked up jungle bells and ventricosa "hotlips" to add to the colletion with all the dragons and sabra too boot.
tounge.gif

Back