What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

black truncata??

just heard it.

does anybody has more pictures?

looks more like dead pitcher
rock.gif

its a very rare type of Truncata. its not yet released to the public i dont think. its not a dead pitcher. its jsut a VERY dark purple.
Alex

Exoticplantsplus is selling N. Truncata x Bongso. The traps are truncata-like and almost black. Jundging by the parentage it should be as easy to grow as N. x ventrata. Small ones are on sale for $30, big ones are a bit more.

the link is the one i saw.

still looks like a dead pitcher that sustained its from
rock.gif

purple doesn't fit the desribetion. too dark?

did you see tony's??
http://www.terraforums.com/ib312....t=27476
his is the same thing but the pic was taken better. its more of a very dark red and very dark purple. if you look at a dead pitcher you will see there is a VERY noticeable difference. ask tony for a full pic. he'll show you its not simply a dead pitcher but rather one of the most "evil" looking nep.
Alex

It is difficult to get an accurate picture with the digital camera. It tends to lighten the color and make it look more purple than it really is

I took a new picture today with a white paper behind it .. I fiddled with the brightness as best I could to get it to look like the actual plant. This photo doesn't have the sun glare on the pitcher at least.

NtruncataAPCpic.jpg

Awsome! I love that pic!
Where did you obtain it?

Back