User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nepenthes windowsill growers - assemble!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thats my sanguinea on my sill (or hanging above it rather)
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update. All three plants took the expected hit. I decided to move them directly on the windowsill and did not use the ziplock acclimation method I had planned. The pitcher lids lowered on the ventricosa and then blackened. However, after this, the plants have all started growing. None of the growing points were affected, although they did not grow for the first few days. They have continued growing

I'm personally surprised at how well the ventricosa x talangensis is doing. This must be a pretty vigorous hybrid. This also looks like it is going to be a pretty big plant. Quite a bit of space between each successive leaf.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll see the first pitcher that developed completely on the windowsill.
    Last edited by trashcan; 02-01-2007 at 01:44 PM. Reason: misnamed one of my own plants :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trash,

I wouldn't expect any new pitchers for a while. When I get my plants and put them indoors or worse, outdoors with the lowered humidity the pitchers often dry up and die. You can tell by looking at the leaves of the plants when they arrive. In higher humidity like in greenhouses the leaves aren't as "tough" and often wilt as they adjust to their surroundings. Then after a few months when the plant is settled in and producing waxy leaves the pitchers will follow. There are some Neps that won't lose their pitchers while adapting to windowsill conditions. Some of those are usually the really tough pitchered ones and not the more papery pitcherd plants. Good luck adapting your plants.

Joel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far only the ventricosa has had any pitchers die. The top half of 2 pitchers have died, and the third looks a little rough but isn't dead yet. The copelandii had one of its pitchers lower its lid, but the other three look perfect. The ventricosa x talangensis has not shown any ill effects yet.

All three are showing still growing at a reasonable rate. I'm hoping for the best, but maybe you're right- I am being a bit optimistic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well a few of my pitchers from last year have started dying off. A few are left but will no doubt wither as well. Can't wait for spring and NEW ones!

Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know its pretty weird to be in such an old thread but, I like it so...
    I've gotten Alba, Ventricosa, and AristoXVent and 2 Ventrata's outside.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234