What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A rare treat.. pics from Phil Faulisi's place

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Hi all.. For those of you that know him, you will know that Phil does not often allow cameras into his greenhouse. I have been privaliged enough to be among the few who have been allowed to take and post pictures of his fabulous collection. These pictures were taken back in mid July 2006. Unfortunately I do not have plant names to attach to the photos at this time.. I will be posting other pics from this series into the appropriate forums.

Enjoy
Steve

Edit: I should add that the main reason why Phil does not allow his collection to be posted on forums is that he gets harassed for cuttings and trades and such... PLEASE allow me to continue to be allowed to show off this great collection and do not harass Phil for his plants.

P1010045.sized.jpg

P1010044.sized.jpg

P1010043.sized.jpg

P1010042.sized.jpg

P1010041.sized.jpg

P1010040.sized.jpg

P1010039.sized.jpg

P1010038.sized.jpg

P1010037.sized.jpg

P1010036.sized.jpg

P1010019.sized.jpg

P1010018.sized.jpg

P1010017.sized.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of some of the pics. Later this spring I am planning on dedicating a whole lot more effort to getting some high quality shots of this collection.

Cheers
Steve

WOW... man I wish I had a greenhouse... those are some really nice pics and I wouldn't worry about the quality, I think they're good. Thanks for posting em!

HOW DID I MISS THIS!!? Phil always has great plants. id be honored just to look at them in person!!
Alex

Your comments are all warm and well received. Thank you. Unfortunately my greenhouse was not at its best at this time. We had a miserably hot summer but Steve did manage to capture some great shots of other things.

Thanks Steve!

Phil

Who's that dufus in the black shirt?

Capslock

Is that a Roridula "bonsai"?

Neat!

Great work, Steve! It's always exciting to get a peek at Phil's beautiful plants.

Hmmm... methinks that "dufus" looks vaguely familiar?

Good growing all,
KPG

Last edited:
How could I miss! Don't see too many of those.

Do you have the symbiotic insects with it?

Amazing collection, something I hope to eventualy Aspire too!

thanks for the great photos!

Wow. Just, wow.

Do you know why he has those smaller pop-tent greenhouses in there? Are those especially fragile plants, cuttings, seedlings, or something? Just curious.

Oh, and could you get me a cutting of...... Just kidding!

Truly a sight to behold, sir!

Where is the Roridula? Is it the plany in the pot beside the guy in the white shirt?

Nice plants!

second post picture six. under the red light socket.
Alex

Now I see what you are all looking at. The plant in the photo under the red light socket is not my Roridula. You actually can't see the Roridula in that photo. What you are looking at is a piece of Manzanita branch with a bunch of Tillandsia mounted to it, From a distance it does look Roridula-ish. I also do not have the symbiotic insects that are associated with it.

Schloaty- the pop up tents serve multiple purposes. Newly repotted plants are placed here for an extra boost of humidity and shade, plants that like to be a bit warmer at night are houses here, and plants that like more shade in general are grown at different levels here. There is also a large square plastic chamber placed at the end of the tent rack that houses my giant N. rajah.

Not seen anywhere in these pics is the lowland growing area. These plants are housed separately. Perhaps when Steve comes back in a few weeks he can take pics from there as well.

There is also a large square plastic chamber placed at the end of the tent rack that houses my giant N. rajah.

:pics: is it as big as Jeremiah's?
Alex

Back