What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with my black dragon

I noticed some red spots on my black dragon. But then one of my pitchers is starting to shrivel and die. I took some pics with my phone so they are not that good but you can see the problem. One of the leaves is starting to get a big black spot too. But I have 2 huge pitchers, one that is just starting to form, and another not so big.

16affa243cb0.jpeg

b7b48956ab31.jpg

Anyways the pics are a lot better then the others I posted of the predator a long time ago.

If those don't work here is a link to get to the page. The tiger is a tattoo I'm getting soon.

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/JMurphy97/ps/ALBUM/VIEWWEBSITE?foneblog=1170540223899

I got the exact same problem with a N.reinwardtiana that I had.
I never figured out what it was and it died about 2-3 weeks after.
I thought it was some kind of fungus so I treated it with fungicide, cut off the damaged leaves and repotted it but it still died.
I hope someone here can help you soon or else it will probably die.

Looks like low air circulation and exchange. Increase ventilation.

Yea no room to add a fan. Think I need to go bigger.

Then open the top a little bit.

Dustin: How do you tell the difference between a virus and a fungi and this? I figured I'd ask since his plant and an affected plant all look the same to me. Any pointers?

I have the side open. I do have some foil covering the open side but I'm sure air can get through.

edit: Sorry, posted in the wrong thread. I guess that's what happens when you have so many tabs open...

Last edited:
Back