What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaf cutting size?

neon-eon

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring li
I've been wanting to do a leaf cutting for some time now. How big should the leaves and pitchers be on most nepenthes before you can do one. Mine are still pretty young, with about 2 and a half inch long leaves.

You can't do leaf cuttings. You can do stem cuttings...

I'd wait until it's an adult nepenthes and the leaf sizes will vary species to species.

leaf cuttings? you mean stem cuttings? i would say when there is at least an inch between each leaf. that would be like the begining of and during the vining stage. i have made cuttings with half an inch between each leaf so it is possible for smaller nodes. the smallest nod disance that i got a rooted cutting from was a fingers width. size of leaves and pitchers dont matter. what you want to put into consideration are the distance between the leaves.
take care
Alex

sorry, I meant stem cuttings (I've only read a little about nepenthes cuttings, so I forgot.) *Sigh* Ok looks like i've got a much longer wait.

All right thanks guys,

Gabe

Back