What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

also calling a nep doctor

k, i was spraying insecticide on 2 of my neps: bical and ventricosa cuz they both had scale. anyways i picked up my spray bottle and sprayed both of them when i noticed that the liquid didnt smell like it usually does (that bad chemical smell). instead it smelled like soap. it turns out i just sprayed them with Fit, the stuff you use to clean fruits off with:-O . i cleaned out one of these bottles and filled it with insecticide so i thought it was mine.

WHAT DO I DO?!???

so far i washed a bit of it off but i ran out of distilled water

Wow. Those plants must now have very clean, shiny scales!

Joking asside, the soap may have killed some of scale. Since you washed it off, they should be fine - though I would give them another two or three good media flushings and keep and eye on them. If they start to decline, you'll have to unpot, remove media, wash roots, and repot in fresh media. I doubt that will happen, but just in case.

i just looked at the ingredients in Fit and its all natural stuff. some of the salts and acids and stuff may have a little effect but i dont know about anything serious... someone else should chime in soon.
Alex

IF you have the soap who’s using the insecticide??? :0o: I hope there not spraying there fruit...

All jokes aside you should really make it so you can tell them apart!

Back