What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ventricosa question

stacker

slightly askew
I bought one of those cubes of death at Lowes. In it is what I will assume is a ventricosa, from pics and research. I've had it about a month and a half. It is making new leaves like mad, the 5th one opened this morning and 4 have brand new pitchers, the 5th leaf also looks to be making a pitcher. What is considered an upper pitcher? Does this refer to a plant that has a basal shoot that grows leaves and those leaves pitcher? I will try and get my brothers camera so I can take some pics.

Thank you for the pics, how old are your Neps? I know that I am being impatient, mostly asking so I know what to look for.

tendril is attached to the back of the pitcher, instead of the front or side like a lower pitcher:
unless you have ventricosa in the fist place which alsmost always has the tendril in the back in the first place. Ventricosa uppers(assuming you have the normal form) should be pale in color. Sometimes they also have a loop
Mature Lower Pitcher(on the right)

VS

Upper Pitchers. these also have the loops on them.

Take care.
Alex

PS. Phissionkorps. the only reason i posted against you was because those pics you had werent of the normal form.

Back