What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. sanguinea Acting Weird

I have an N. sanguinea that I think it's either sick.. or it's vining. I've never had one vine before so I really don't know what they do when they start to vine. Anyways.. my sanguinea currently only has 3 healthy (and they're VERY healthy leaves) and also 3 (soon to be 4) healthy pitchers. The leaves are also sort of growing on a stem that's about 2-3 inches high which is such a weird way for it to grow. Anyways, it's ACTING healthy but it doesn't necessarily LOOK healthy... I don't know, but the way it's growing is just telling me that something is up, good or bad, something is up. I'll try to get a picture later if it will help at all. I did post a picture a while ago but it's since changed and I've trimmed it a lot (only dead leaves). I should also mention that there's a hole in the medium right next to the roots so some of the roots are exposed if you look down, I would assume that this is from over pressured watering, but even that doesn't seem right.. I don't know if that's a problem or not.

I'd just like to get a head start on fixing this problem since it's been doing so well.

Thanks.

Back