What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm going on a trip...

stacker

slightly askew
I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I figured I'd start here.

Next week I am going to Oahu for a family reunion. I have done some research and so far I have found that there are naturally occurring CPs on the Big Island and Kauai. But no where else. I know that there are several growers on the Big Island. Anyone from Oaho who grows CPs? Has anyone purchased plants from a grower on Oahu? 2 things that are definitely on my agenda are the Botanic Gardens and the Aquarium. I am Hawaiian but I havent been home in ages!!!!!Thanks all.

We aren't supposed to talk about suppliers but I'll PM you.

Hey Stacker,

Aloha! There are a couple of Hawiian growers on the boards.....Tropics, who just did a huge seed giveaway, is from Honalulu.

There's also Kahnli (Kanli? Kanhli? Forget the exact spelling, forgive me).

One of the native CP's in Hawaii is the Hawiian form of D. angelica.

Side note - my Grandfather still holds the 100 yard dash record at Punaho (spelling?) high school, which will likely never be broken since they don't run the 100 yard dash anymore - it's not the 100 meter dash. At any rate, he was good enough to race with Jesse Owen (and get beat, but heck, he got in the same race).

I'm sorry I wasnt trying to solicit replies like that. Mostly I was was looking for locals who might be willing to let me look in on their collections. I am interested in getting plants to send home, but I do not want to create an issue. I am expecting a seed offer from Tropics I will PM. Thank you.

schoaty-Thats cool about your grandfather, I am Hawaiian I havent been home in YEARS. I cant wait.

Back