What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone have a pic of splendiana x rokko?

you get seeds from Tropics too? i have had 3 of them germinated...2 have died. he was the one who originally made they hybrid so hopefully he will chime in with some pics.
Alex

When did you get the seeds? I can't remember who I got them from, but I think mine actually came from Singapore. I think my plant might be older than the seeds Tropics was giving out...its about 1" across (including pitchers...about 3/4" without)

back in january. the seed leaves have yet to come out of the seed coat though...but this is the only one to not yet rot :)
Alex

oh yeah...i've had mine since october or november, so i was right about them coming from Singapore.

Try a light dose of fungicide on your seeds. Also, if they are rotting, you are keeping the mix too wet

Phissionkorps

Have you tried BobZ's site? There is not much there you can't find. I don't have the link at hand but if you go to the "Articles Forums", there is a topic there with the link to Bob's site. You can spend hours browsing all the photos. :)

The first batch of N. Splendiana x Rokko seeds were sent out somewhere around October. I don’t remember things too well that far back, but I seem to remember that some seeds were sent to someone in Singapore who wanted to share some with friends there, so they got more than the usual amount. I have some small plants growing from this cross, and the biggest one is about an inch in diameter. It’s the first Nepenthes cross I made, so I’m kind of excited about it. Needless to say, I don’t have any photos of mature plants.

Oh ok. This should be an interesting hybrid, as I find both parents rather good looking. Right now I have small yellow pitchers with red wings..but then again, they're still extremely juvenile

Back