What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GUESS WHO'S BAC

Nope, my neps all grow open-air in a basement room. The window is even open to the outside all the time. However, the air here is much more humid than the air in Colorado. I wouldn't try the same thing there, unless you can raise the room humidity sufficiently.

Capslock

Yea he has that nice San Francisco climate. Is that a ramispina next to the predator by the window?

I hate using LFS. I think the stuff sucks and sucks hard. I have never noticed anti-anything properties...except anti-being good.

LOL. Tell us how you really feel!

I don't use any LFS in my mixes either. I do use this orchid moss stuff that I think is really similar.

xvart.

LOL. Tell us how you really feel!

I don't use any LFS in my mixes either. I do use this orchid moss stuff that I think is really similar.

xvart.

yup! its Chilean LFS :) i like the stuff i used it over the winter on my bog garden so the water underneath wouldnt be picked up by the freezing wind. i use it now so the roots will grow and the topdressing will prevent small plants from being destroyed by rain

Alex

JMurphy, yes that's a N. ramispina. It's a great plant! Pitchers on every leaf, and they last a long time.

I use lfs in almost every pot. However, I use AT LEAST half chunky stuff. If you use too much lfs, it packs down into a mush.

Capslock

bagpipes!

i play the trombone in my band, and tbone section got the bagpipe part! :crazy:

Back