What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new N. Alata pics

disco

aqua teen hunger force assemble!!
i am excited!!! i found a N. Alata in such good shape at one of my local nurseries here are the pics just to show...i thought that this was very good for around here.
soontobebog0000.jpg

soontobebog003.jpg

Nice plant and good choice for a beginner! That thing is practically bombproof.

It's auctually N. x Ventrata. It's a hybrid between N. alata and N. ventricosa. They are all mislabeled.

Oh and by the way for future reference you never capitalize the name of a species, only the Genus.

Congratz! That's quite a find. It's probably N. x. ventrata, though, which is a hybrid of N. alata and N. ventricosa. There's a nursery that distributes plants as "N. Alata" (notice the improper capitalization of the species epithet) because they name their hybrids after the seed parent, which has caused some confusion as you can probably imagine. Still, a very nice plant; very sturdy and robust, a perfect subject to learn about the genus.
Best luck,
~Joe

PS - Darn you Clint, stealing my thunder.

it was cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought that originally but decided to go with what the lable said just in case. thanks for correcting me JLAP :D i had to go there anyway to put in an order for something else he he he and happened to stumble upon these there were two left so i bought it.

Mine has the same ones for 25$ How "cheap" was yours?

Back