What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wouldn't this make u excited about ur ventrata?

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
Hi guys,

check this out:

BTW...the small pitchers are like 3.5 - 4 inches tall and see this new baby :)

took around a month to open. I called my parents over to see this.. lol! they were shocked. :D I even forced them to get the camera and took this for ya guys.

I am hoping the other pitchers become this big...its like 8 inches. its amazing. DO u guys think its just becos its crossed the winter phase? I mean I never had the plant before winter and it might be that all the pitchers on it before were winter pitchers.

But I am happy...my foil enclousure seems to serve it well. :D

cheers,

varun

Nice. I love your watermark, too. That's REALLY cool.

thanks dude! :D do u have any idea why its suddenly making bigger pitchers? See the jump in the size? I'll post another pic soon which has another new pitcher on the left which was just made like a week or so before this started inflating.

here it is

Yep. That's pretty normal to me lol. Exponential growth is a good thing, means it's happy.

Good job!

thanks JLP. :D

Yeah, looks great! Probably just that time to jump up in size a little bit (or a lotta bit as the case may be).

I also like your watermark(s).

xvart.

Mine is also making bigger pitchers more often. I think for me because the days are longer. But it's also getting cooler nights which don't matter but it helps.

thanks guys! BTW....its under a single GE Gro and SHo light...acutally not under....its BESIDE the light :D ...lol! my setup is wierd....the PLANT POT .... the tube laid in the wall vertically beside it....and then a wrapping with foil to make a humidity enclousure which keeps it around 70 or so quite well. Occasionally the thing frops to 40 when I need to open "another" window on the side for FRESH air in the room :p

great looking nep vraev.
My ventrata is taking off now too. didn't pitcher much this winter.
peace,
Zero

Nice plant and pictures Vraev! Keep up whatever you are doing, it’s obvious that you’re doing a great job.

thanks guys! its interesting becos for a week or so I was having a lot of stangant water in the pot (at the bottom plate underneath the pot)...I guess I was misting or spraying soo much that the humodoty was high enough and preventing any evaporation. I was thinking that it would probably hate the wetnesss....but looks like its fine. :)

For mine I treat it as just a house plant. The only thing I do is water it. No extra lights or anything. Along side it is my Predator. The ventrata is already too big for a grow tank and I know the Predator is gonna get too big for it. My Predator is even pitchering more.

Back