What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on some of the Neps

I could post this in that huge shelf post in the Greenhouse etc. forum, but I figure I'm done posting there. Just an update on the N. fusca 'Sarawak' pitcher that recently opened, and is making a crud-load of nectar.

DSCN3462.jpg

Plus, the N. x ventrata are making pitchers, too.

DSCN3463.jpg

-Ben

That N. fusca keeps getting better. I have one that has a long way to go before it gets that big.

What are your conditions?

If you ever want to trade for that basal, let me know :)

Heh heh, yeah it does. I'm planning on entering this sucker into a plant show in summer.

One pretty stupid thing about this new pitcher that I forgot to mention is that it has a small hole in the back of it, maybe half-way up. It prolly formed when it was still a fuzzy knob thingy. When ever the pitcher is disturbed so as the fluids go past the hole, they come out. So, I pretty much can't feed it anything too extreme, as I found out when trying to give it some milk.

I'm not completely sure on the conditions, since I hardly ever check the "measuring devices", but when I had, the humidity was around 20%-30%, occasionally higher, I 'spose at night. The temperatures would often dip to 50 degrees I think a few months ago when it got cold at night, and in the day just barely making it to 70. Although usually, it would be 60 at night. The Neps have two 40w bulbs, I forget the other specs, I can dig them up later if you want to know. Oh, and I PM'd ya, Clint.

-Ben

my fusca is no where near as nice... it put put one pitcher for me and that's it. I can't even tell that is growing hardly.

Nice sarawak, Ben. Looks great. I really like the peristome.

xvart.

Thanks guys.

Heh, not to gloat or anything, but.....here's some more pics. :banana2:

DSCN3469.jpg

DSCN3471.jpg

DSCN3473.jpg

dscn3475.jpg

DSCN3476.jpg

I'm really amazed by the color of the throat; it sorta looks like water colors.
DSCN3480.jpg

DSCN3481.jpg

-Ben

Back