What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rooted or not?

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
Hello,

I had a N. Medusa cutting I cut on March 11th, 2007. I put it in LSM and distilled water, only about 5 days ago I still saw no roots, so I put it in a pot with LSM which was soaked which was in the wet container and put a plastic bag over the top so humidity rapidly built up. I checked on it today, and it's new growth which had been coming in before I cut it off, had begun to open up, slowly I'm sure, but nontheless. Does this mean it's rooted? How can I tell without yanking it out of the soil?

~NeciFiX

Not necessarily. It usually takes a few months for me to get roots. If the cutting is too wet, there is less incentive for it to put out roots. You can see new leaf growth without new roots.

I use live LFS for cuttings. You can gently pull up on the plant to see if it has rooted or or not, but is is best to wait awhile.

Back