What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pot or Aquarium

el_chopito

Maurin Quina Le Pui
I bought a tropical pitcher from Lowes and I had it in an indoor aquarium by a window and with a light fixture for it. I seems to be growing fine, it has 4 pitchers about an inch or 2 each. Now I wanted to move him to a pot and still have it by the window and light, etc etc. Is this good or should I keep it the same wey. The same goes for my venus fly traps, they all seem to be doing fine and healthy. Help please!

What kind of Nepenthes do you have? The most common sold at Lowes is N. ventrata[\i] (which is often incorrectly labled N. alata). If it is that or N. ventricosa, then it will do fine in a pot in the window. My ventricosa are growing in my south window and have handled humidity as low as 25% without a problem. Just be sure to adjust them to the change from terrarium to window slowly. During the summer I hang them in the shade of my apple tree.

I wouldn't be suprised if you could probably grow your VFTs in pots outside all year round. It would depend on how cold your winters get. One of your fellow Texans would have a better idea on if you could or not than I do, so I'll let one of them answer that.

you can grow vfts outside all year. You're right by mexico right?

Looks like he's so close to the border he needs a passport to walk out his back door. :-)) Summer heat might be more of a problem than winter cold.

yea, i live wayyy south, its the border town with mexico.

Ayos Mijos! (Hey what's the proper way to say that?) I wish I lived that far south. Georgia is OK but not that warm!

It's up to you is a quick answer! Outside you have a lot more space but uncontrolled conditions. Get the temperamental ones for inside and put the common ones outside is what you could try.

I just finished putting my tropical pitcher and VFTs in their pots by the window and with their UV lights, lets see what happens, :confused: :confused:

I try not to mess with success.. since that's how I usually mess up, lol.

BigCarnivourKid, the \ in your html tags should be /, that's why it didn't work.

I just finished putting my tropical pitcher and VFTs in their pots by the window and with their UV lights, lets see what happens, :confused: :confused:

So how they doing after you repotted them... I betting they are loving there new home

Back