What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hairy clipeata clone 1.

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I'm in love with this plant and here is new newest upcoming pitcher. It's so hairy! The pic doesn't do it justice, it's practically like animal fur in real life.

DSC01864.jpg

Dang. That's a beauty!!! Good job. ;)
I guess in Atlanta that'd thrive right?

Plah hah No way am I going to put it outside :) I live an hour north of Atlanta (it's the last country in the metro area to the north, so technically the burbs) but I don't grow any Nepenthes outside. Not when I have a sweet 'rarium!

It's actually N. clipeata X (N. clipeata x N. eymae).... They think lmao. There is still confusion on weather it's a pure clipeata or a complex hybrid. Personally I don't see eymae in it at all, although the tendril doesn't run only halfway down the lamina and the leaves aren't as peltate.

the pure clipeata makes 3 different shaped leaves during its life. Your plant seems to be too young to make the round leaves for which it is named, though I am not sure if the hybrid ever does make the rounded leaves

It does, my plant is just small is all.

You could grow neps outdoors in spring and summer. I understand that winters are definitely a problem. What a horrible predicament.

You can put your clipeata outside :) Mine's staying in the ICU lol

The ongoing debate whether or not it is indeed N. clipeata or not is a matter of a complex backcross. N. eymae, can be seen in the plant, though with suble differences. There was a great topic on this on the boards a long while back. Search and read!

Back