What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. adnata: lowland or highland?

Which is it? Wistuba lists it as a highlander, but Neps Around the House has it in the lowland section. Wikipedia says it's a lowlander, too.

Right now, mine is right next to a hamata, to give you an idea of the conditions. It hasn't grown too quickly there. Time to move it somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

Lowland. Intermediate would work I guess. I can't find one anywhere. It makes me so sad because for the past few years I've wanted one lol.

If you get tired of it let me know. I'd trade almost anything lol.

I have three in the same pot, and once they get bigger I'll trade two away. Right now, I'm afraid of killing it because they are so small and close together.

Let's see pics! Not enough pics of this wonderful species. Lowland conditions are what I've heard everywhere. Intermediate would work maybe.

Wikipedia says 600-1100 meters.

I just sent you a PM ^_^ <------Cute anime smiley

Here's some pictures

adnata_I.jpg

adnata_II.jpg

adnata_III.jpg

whoah yeah...when its trading time...hit me uuuuuup

It reminds me of a weird butterwort.

The neps around the house pic of this plant look like a N. Ramispina. Pretty cool though

I thought it was interesting that Wistuba had adnata listed as a highland plant too. I don't know the altitude but I saw it once growing near eustachya, albomarginata, and an occasional gracilis and one ampullaria so I would say it was almost certainly lowland elevation probably around 800 meters. Don't know if this is a requirement but it was growing in a very wet and shaded location - not sure it got any direct sunlight. Perhaps this would account for it doing well in cooler conditions than plants from similar elevations? Or perhaps some of the plants in cultivation are just getting more light than they really want rather than having issues with your temps? Just some thoughts. Rich

adnata.jpg

How large is the plant in that photograph? It looks as if it's growing on those vines, and not attached to any substrate.

We have no trouble growing it in lowland heat of Kuala Lumpur. The nursery where I got it have a 40% shade netting.

I love the leaves when they are at the vining stage.

Choong

Back