What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who else grows the real clipeata?

Hi,

Very nice pitcher you have got there, neps. Since this is the same clone (pitcher) as in link, it seems that it wasn't clone 1 after all, thanks for letting me know.

Anyway, if my plant is Wistubas clone 1 then I am absolutely sure JDK and Wistubas clone 1 are not the same. The pitchers are not even close looking.

I stand by that the basic shape is not atypical of clipeata, just the lid's shape and angle. If the pitcher in the second photo is not funnelled enough then I dont know what is.

I'll try to contact AW to get his opinion.

Regards,

Christer

Hi again,

Somehow my first e-mail to Andreas Wistuba got lost in cyberspace, but I got a quick reply when I tried his other address yesterday.

According to Andreas his clone 1 is a true clipeata, and the reason that it is not sold anymore is because it was lost from his invitro culture. He still has one plant left growing of this clone. He also confirmed my thought that his clone 1 has nothing to do with the other clone 1 (hybrid) circulating in the hobby. Also, after seeing pics of my plant (whatever clone it is) he stated that in his eyes it is a true clipeata.

Regards,

Christer

So there are two different plants being called "clone 1"?

I have seen both the name "clone 1" and "clip-1" for the John DeKanel plant which is thought to be a clipeata x (clipeata x eymae). That is the only other clone 1 I have heard of.

Regards,

Christer

Back