What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Online Stores for nepenthes?

MrFus

Do you like that...
Im not sure if here on the forum already some one has asked about, but is there a list of good stores on the web that sale nepenthes and you will recomend?

This question comes to me because I try to order a ampullaria from an online nursery but they just call me to inform the fact they dont have at this point, this is the second time that i try to order and they dont have... :down:

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude you're gonna get it for this one. Asking a question like this is not "allowed". I'll pm you a list of where I go.

As a point of clarification from the Mods; people do not "get it" for asking questions like this. It is in the rules that competing nurseries should not be mentioned but we accept that some people are going to miss that while reading the rules. And when that person obviously has English as a second language then we are even more understanding.

People "get it" when they make a point out of arguing with the Mods/Admin about the rules or continue to challenge the rules once they have been informed of what they are.

So do not threaten people in place of the Mods. Leave the moderation to the Mods.

Hey thanks... Im sorry if I miss the rule.

This will not happend again, I apologize.

I will apreciate if some one can point me were i can found the rules to give it a good read, I read the post on the very top of the forum tree the one title "If you use these forums, please read: " and I remember reading only some refering "If you are a commercial entity, please ask permission before posting sales or other material about your site".

Again I apologize for breaking a rule...

Last edited:
MrFus,

As I said, we as Mods understand slip ups and do not punish people for making mistakes. It was obvious from your post that you had done so by accident and were not maliciously trying to circumvent the rules.

It was wrong and out of line of JMurphy to make a post threatening you with punishment. JMurphy is not a Mod and he has no power to act nor any right to make such comments.

There is no need to apologize but I/we appreciate the acknowledgement :)

And, as per your request, you can find the more current rules here:

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108110

And I will be moving a copy of them to overwrite theose other, out of date rules.

Dude you're gonna get it for this one. Asking a question like this is not "allowed". I'll pm you a list of where I go.

Oh my. I just don't understand. Is this issue still that big of a deal to you? You should fight the good fights even if you know you'll lose; but, only the good fights. This is just ridiculous; especially since it has come up in at least two threads now in the last 24 hours.

xvart.

I did not threaten him. I gave him a bunch links to where he might find what he is looking for just like someone gave me a link when I needed it. I helped him out.

I asked a question like this about the red piranha and I got so how is it different? I just think it's funny because there is right now mentions of other shops on active topics RIGHT NOW AND I SEE NOTHING. It's clear you guys have it out for just me. And that is why I do not like you guys. You know who you are.

He asked for stores. We told him not to do that. He said ok. done.
When you did it, you were asking for a specific plant... so I changed your topic from "want to buy this item" to "looking to trade for this item" (actually EST did it) So I pmed you reminding you of the rule and what was done to your post... And your reply to me was just fighting about your "rights" to do what you want... Well, this is a private board. You don't have rights. You have PERMISSIONS. You can see what you can and can not do in the rules. AGAIN IT IS THAT SIMPLE

As far as other topics.... I dont' know of any.. And if mods did they would be "fixed" also. If you want to bring it to moderation attention... do so useing the "report" button in the post. THAT'S WHAT IT'S THERE FOR Don't go trying to cause trouble saying they're 'GONNA GET IT' or any goofy thing like that.

And yes, I know you don't like me. I don't care. :) (AGAIN) you don't have to like me. But you WILL follow the rules. You keep asking if I'm gonna ban you. Seems you want that. Keep working at it and you may get your wish eventually.
Andrew

If you don't like us, maybe you should go away? Just a thought.

Just my opinion, but if someone doesn't want to be a good boy and play by the rules they should shut up or go somewhere else.

He didn't mean everyone Niki :) He meant the staff.

Don't get involved guys. I don't even think he means staff.. I think he means me. Cause I'm the one that has happened across his not following the rules the last few times. And rather than just saying "ok sorry" or something (like most people do when we point out they are in line with the rules), he wants to fight about his "rights" to do what he wants here. I've told him a few times to follow the rules or go away and he's still here. So I guess he's gonna start following the rules :) I really wish he would have AT LEAST kept all this private.... There is no reason to be public... Anyway- back on topic.
Andrew

I did not threaten him.

Your exact words were:

Dude you're gonna get it for this one.

That is a threat. An explicit threat. What you did via PM has nothing to do with it it is what you said plain as day right there in your first post. Saying you did not threaten him is a lie

I asked a question like this about the red piranha and I got so how is it different?... It's clear you guys have it out for just me. And that is why I do not like you guys. You know who you are.

This is not about what you did before. It is about what you did right here in this thread. I do not have it out for anyone on the boards but I will address an issue when and where I see it. I am a Mod and that is what I am supposed to do. Here and now I saw you threaten someone and here and now I addressed it. It is that simple. I do not care if you like me or not but if you wish to continue to use the boards then you will have to respect my authority (and that of the other Mods.)

I just think it's funny because there is right now mentions of other shops on active topics RIGHT NOW AND I SEE NOTHING.

We don't all have the time to search 7 years worth of archived threads just to find every mention of another shop. If you enjoy doing that then feel free (obviously you already did). But again, it is neither here nor there. The issue of the mention of another shop here was between MrFus and the Mods (namely me since I dealt with it.) I made the changes to the thread and explained why. MrFus acknowledged and even apologized for breaking the rules despite the fact that it was an accident. He was civil and an adult and he is not in any trouble at all. Something I made clear to him here in the thread and via PM. So that issue is dead and gone. The issue right here, right now is your threatening post in this thread. And that has nothing to do with other threads with mentiones of other shops. If you (or anyone else) are making threatening posts in those threads then it might have relivance to what is happening here in this thread.

Back